Saturday, June 13, 2009

Abuelito

If you were here, you'd be proud of me.
If you were here, I would feel alright.
I can't wait to kiss your prickly face.
I can't wait to hold your hand.
If you were here, you'd take me out.
You would do anything for me, and I for you.
December fourth was the saddest day of my life.
I lost you.
I know you will always be with me, but
If you were here now, I would feel alright.
I really miss you, and I think about you all the time.
If you were here, you'd tell me how much I look like my mother.
You'd tell me that I'm beautiful- I know you would.
If you were here, you'd be the best dressed.
You'd be the most charming, but you know all this.
If you were here, I wouldn't need anyone else.
If you were here, we would light up the room.
We always did when we were together.
I remember how you smell.
You always smelled good.
I remember when you put oil in your hair it'd become yellow.
If you were here, you'd cherish me.
You would never let me cry.
I know you'd hug me forever if I asked you to.
You would bring me along just because huh?
I know you would.
If you were here, you'd be at every game.
You already know, you'd be my biggest fan.
The only one I would see in the stand.
I can feel your boxed chest, and your 5 o'clock after shave.
I remember your voice.
I wish I could hear it again.
If you were here Abuelito, I'd be here too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoonster this tore my heart out. I wish i could have met your grandfather there must be a lot of him in you. He would have been so proud of you,He is proud of you.
I always said you light up a room,
now i know why...Joey..........

Anonymous said...

bff this made me tear up.....gosh i almost cried.....well u know im always here for u no matter wat ok?? love u a bunch. ur bff norms